According to the accepted practice of most websites, we store HTTP queries directed to our server. This means that we know the public IP addresses from which users browse the information content of our website. The browsed resources are identified by URL addresses. We also know:
- time of arrival of the inquiry,
- time of sending a response,
- name of the client station – identification by the HTTP protocol,
- information about errors that occurred during the HTTP transaction,
- URL address of the page previously visited by the user (referrer link) – in the case when the page was accessed via a link,
- information about the user’s browser.
These data are not associated with specific people browsing our websites. To ensure the highest quality of the website, we analyze log files to determine which pages are visited most often, what web browsers are used, whether the page structure does not contain errors, etc.
Use of data
The collected logs are stored for an indefinite period of time as a material helpful to administer the website. The information contained therein is not disclosed to anyone except persons authorized to administer the server. Logs can be generated on the basis of log files to assist in administration. Collective summaries in the form of such statistics do not contain any features that identify visitors to the site.
- The mechanism of cookies is not used to obtain any information about users of the website or to track their navigation.
- Cookies used on the site do not store any personal data or other information collected from users.
- Cookies are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored on the Website User’s end device and are intended for using the Website’s websites. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they originate, their storage time on the end device and a unique number.
- Cookies are used to:
- adaptation of the Website content to the User’s preferences and to optimize the use of websites; in particular, these files allow to recognize the device of the Website User and properly display the website, tailored to his individual needs;
- maintaining the Website User’s session (after logging in), thanks to which the User does not have to re-enter his login and password on every subpage of the Website – if the Website allows logging in;
- remember login on a given computer – if the Website allows logging in and the User has chosen the option to remember logging;
- The Website uses two basic types of cookies: “session” and “persistent” cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the User’s end device until logging out, leaving the website or turning off the software (web browser). Persistent cookies are stored in the User’s device for the time specified in the cookie file parameters or until they are deleted by the User.
- The Website uses the following types of cookies:
- “necessary” cookies, enabling the use of services available on the Website, eg. authentication cookies used for services that require authentication on the Website;
- cookies used to ensure security, eg. used to detect fraud in the field of authentication on the Website;
- “performance” cookies, enabling the collection of information on the use of Website pages;
- “functional” cookies, allowing “remembering” the settings selected by the User and personalizing the User’s interface, eg. in terms of the language or region of the User’s origin, size of the font, appearance of the website, etc;
- “advertising” cookies, enabling users to provide advertising content more tailored to their interests.
- In many cases, software used for browsing websites (web browser) allows cookies to be stored in the User’s device by default. Website Users can change their cookie settings at any time. These settings can be changed in particular in such a way as to block the automatic handling of cookies in the web browser’s settings or to inform them of each entry in the device of the Website User. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways of handling cookies are available in the software (web browser) settings.
- More information about cookies is available at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or in the “Help” section in the browser’s menu.